Hey frnds.. this is the second post in simple salwar sewing tutorial series..
(the first part - the drafting
& the last part - the sewing)
In this post, we're gonna see the measurements n cutting part... so lets get started...
1. First of all, take the whole cloth. Fold it in half width-wise. It should then look like fig 1.
(Please refer the 'drafting post' for details).
|Fig. 3 Waist piece|
|Fig. 2 main cloth piece after cutting waist piece|
lets name this piece as 'the main piece'
4. Now mark (full length minus waist piece length) on the folded cloth as in fig.2 (see the dotted line)
5. Now, take 1/2 of ankle circumference and mark as shown in Fig. 4. also add 1" for seam allowance as in Fig. 5 (green line indicates 1/2 ankle circumference & blue line indicates seam allowance).
9. you will now have a peice like the one you see in Fig. 9.
10. Also cut some strips of cloth for making the draw-string and sewing the ankle facing.
Happy Sewing friends....